GT2560 is a compact board that is integrated with the mighty function of the Arduino Mega2560+Ultimaker. The GT2560 can not only take full place the Arduino Mega2560+Ultimaker on respect of both software and hardware, but has more premium features: the streamlined interfaces effectively avoid the unnecessary troubles, well-regulated compaction of components highly integrated saves more space and easier to be mounted on most applications.
5 stepper motors, swappable driving modules, mighty ATmega2560 processor with 256k memory, 16MHz operating frequency, high-performance USB serial converter FT232RQ, all these make the GT2560 an ideal option for a 3D printer control board. What’s more, GT2560 can run over 12V and output 90W to a MOSFET, which gives higher torque and higher rotation rate.
1.Integrated with the mighty function of the Arduino Mega2560+Ultimaker, The GT2560 can not only take full place the Arduino Mega2560+Ultimaker on respect of both software and hardware, but also features compact size, more convenient connection, and more stable.
2. Adopt ATmega2560 as the main control chip, coupled with the high-performance USB serial converter FT232RQ.
3. The power pack: operating voltage is 12V-24V; double power supply design feeds for heatbed and logical part separately. The current is 12A for heatbed and 5A for other parts. The cooling fan can support 12V
4. The main circuit adopts SMD fuse tube, the diode added to the power port can provide reverse protection to the whole circuit, in addition, the 5V USB is USB port protected with 500mA Recoverable fuse.
5． 3 12v fan output and one PWM output for LED or other lighting equipment.
6. 3 55Amp MOSFET (with LED indicator, the actual output is restricted by the PCB board and the connector), all 3 MOSFET are equipped with heat sink to ensure sufficient heat dissipation and stable operation.
7. Support 5 A4988 stepper drivers (3 for X/Y/Z axis, and 2 for extruders); the subdivision of stepper motor can be setup by dial switch, eliminating jumper caps, easier to operate.
8. 3 temperature sensor input (100k thermistor is recommended)
9. Extended LCD and SD card interface support both LCD2004 and LCD 12864, with which you can print without your PC.
10. The firmware is the prevalent Marlin, which is known for stability, usability, and high-performance.
GT2560 VS Ramps1.4+ mega 2560
Compared with Ramps1.4+ mega 2560, GT2560 has the following merits：
1. Further compacted volume and space-saving.
2. Integrated peripherals ensure more stable connection.
3. Added heat sink provide better heat dissipation for MOSFET
4. Separate control for fan and extruder
5. Support LCD2004 and LCD12864 without using adapters
Here is a detailed comparison between GT2560 and Ramps1.4+ mega 2560:
|3D control board||GT2560||Ramps1.4+ mega 2560|
|Main control chip||ATMEGA2560||ATMEGA2560|
|Controllable fan||1||1(if you use dual extruders, this is not applicable)|
|Stepper motor driver||5||5|
|Need Stack board||No||Yes|
|LCD2004 and 12864||Yes||Yes(need adapter)|
2. MK8 dual extruder
This is a Dual Extruder which can be used on 3D printers like Sintron, Mendel, Prusa, Makerbot, and Printrbot and others. The two print heads are conjoined with a piece of high hardness aluminum bar with good heat dispersion and high reliability. The main benefits of this Dual Extruder includes being able to print more complex objects with support structures and more aesthetically pleasing objects that feature multiple colors or multiple materials. The possibilities are only limited by your imagination.
• Extrusion nozzle: 0.3mm
• Material of Print: 1.75mm
• Flow rate of Nozzle: About 24cc / h
• Sports shaft speed:40mm/s
• Voltage of heating nozzle: 12V
• Thermistor: 100K NTC
• Operating voltage of cooling fan: 12V
• Heating rods: 6mm, 12V, 30W
• Normal working temperature: 190°-230°
• Cooling Fan: 40X 40 X 15mm, 12V
• Heat sink: 40X 40 X 11mm (Colored surface anodic oxidation)
1 x GT2560 Control board
1 x MK8 dual exturder
1 x LCD2004 blue display
5 x A4988 stepper driver
5 x heatsink
2 x stricker